Whether someone hires a painting contractor or does the project him/herself is a matter of preference and capability. Some are gifted at home improvement projects and others are happy to hire a contractor to the job. Regardless of what type of person you are, it is important to understand all that goes in to a thorough repainting job.
Often people underestimate the painting process, but there are many details to a quality painting job. Here is everything you don’t have to worry about when you hire a painting contractor:
- Safety. Painting can be hazardous work, from working on ladders to dealing with solvents, dust and flammable products. Reliable contractors are trained to handle every painting situation meticulously and carefully.
- Health. Many older homes still have lead-based paint in the walls, which can cause serious adverse health issues if not handled properly when scraping walls and preparing surfaces. Bear Mountain Custom Painting is a certified lead renovation company; we are able to remove lead without harming the residents of a home.
- Surface preparation. Preparing surfaces is one of the most crucial steps in painting. Well-prepared surfaces will wear the paint better and will elongate the life of a paint job.
- Paints & Painting. Professional contractors will know the latest products and will be able to discern which will work best in your home. Also, professional companies will have all the tools to complete your project thoroughly and efficiently.
- Cleanup & Disposal. When you hire a professional contractor, they are in charge of the preparation AND the cleanup process. You don’t have to worry about dealing with paint residues, leftovers or other hazardous products.
If you end up deciding to hire a contractor, just be sure that the contractor you choose is reputable, licensed and insured. Look at their website, reviews and testimonials to verify they put customers first and their work is high-quality.
Bear Mountain Custom Painting is dedicated to providing quality painting services to the residents of Atlanta and the surrounding cities of North Georgia. We are fully licensed and insured as well as EPA-certified. Give us a call at 678-455-2887 for a free estimate.